Cruisers University is now sold out! If you wish to be placed on a waitlist for any of the days or seminars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The management of the Annapolis Boat Shows has made the decision to require all participants in Cruisers University to be fully vaccinated to attend our programs in October. If you are not vaccinated, then you will need to show a negative Covid 19 test within 3 days of the start of your classes. All participants will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the education setting, there will be no exceptions. With the uncertainty of the Delta Variant of Covid 19, it is the prudent step to insure everyone’s safety while attending our indoor classes.
CRUISERS UNIVERSITY SCHEDULE
More than 70 classes are available for sailors and power boaters alike who have an interest in learning the fundamentals of blue water cruising.
The Cruisers University curriculum addresses a complete range of cruising topics for all levels and experience to help you prepare to live aboard a boat and begin your boating adventures with confidence. From cruising the Chesapeake Bay to coastal waterways, or circumnavigating the globe, our experienced instructors have been there and done it.
Some examples of our classes include marine weather forecasting, traditional navigation techniques, electronic tablet navigation, diesel maintenance, heavy weather sailing, electrical systems and much much more!
Click here to see our Cruisers University Schedule
Classes will be held at The Graduate Hotel of Annapolis – 126 West Street, Annapolis. The Graduate Hotel is just a short walk or shuttle bus ride to the United States Powerboat & Sailboat Show and Historic Main Street.
All Tuition Packages Include:
- Educational Materials for all classes offered
- Instruction by Renowned Cruising Experts
- Breakfast, Lunch and afternoon refreshments
- Evening Social Activities
- Admission to all days of the United States Power Boat Show (October 7-10th, 2021) & the United States Sailboat Show (October 14-18th, 2021) – $210 Value
- Complimentary One Year Basic Boat U.S. Membership – $30 Value
2021 Fall Tuition Packages
Four-Day Master Cruiser Series $995
This is an intensive four-day Master Cruiser Series, students may select one intensive study Master Class plus two additional days of up to eight individual electives.
- Diesel Maintenance (Sold Out)– A hands-on class taught by Jim Zima of Great Lakes Diesel Marine, using many cutaway models and a working Yanmar Engine provides skills in learning how to maintain diesel engines.
- Marine Electrical Systems (Sold Out) – A hands-on class taught by Nigel Calder. He will help you understand how marine electrical systems are designed and how to troubleshoot electrical issues.
- Marine Weather Forecasting (Sold out)– This class taught by Mark Thornton from LakeErieWx, will provide you with the understanding of all things weather and the skills to find and use a weather forecast for your cruising grounds.
- Cruising Women – (Sold Out)The cruising woman class offers two unique days of education for women, by women! Pam Wall & Behan Gifford have traveled tens of thousands nautical miles around the world and have a wealth of knowledge to share with fellow cruising women.
Cruising Preparedness Series
The Cruising Preparedness Series can be attended in one, two, three, or four day customized packages. Each day you can choose to attend three to four individual classes or you may opt for an all day course if one is available.
Four Day Package – $850
Three Day Package – $725
Two Day Package – $590
One Day Package – $425
- Add-On Additional Day – $350 (this is an add-on to either a Master or 4-Day Tuition Package)
Full Day Courses
Individual Classes – 90 – 180 minutes each and so many to choose from!
Fall 2021 classes will be held at The Graduate Hotel of Annapolis – 126 West Street, Annapolis, MD
- Refunds are acceptable up to 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- Inside 30 days of the event, only credit towards future Cruisers University sessions will be given.
- No refund or credit for cancellation within 10 days of the start of the event.
- Credits are good for up to 365 days.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or (410) 517-9979