More than 50 classes are available for sailors and power boaters alike who have an interest in learning the fundamentals of blue water cruising.
The Cruisers University curriculum addresses a complete range of cruising topics for all levels and experience to help you prepare to live aboard a boat and begin your boating adventures with confidence. From cruising the Chesapeake Bay to coastal waterways, or circumnavigating the globe, our experienced instructors have been there and done it.
Some examples of our classes include marine weather forecasting, traditional navigation techniques, diesel maintenance, heavy weather sailing, electrical systems and much much more!
Click here to see our Cruisers University Schedule
Classes are held at The Historic Inns of Annapolis – The Governor Calvert House at 58 State Circle, Annapolis. This historic inn is just a short walk to the United States Sailboat Show and Historic Main Street.
All Packages Include:
- Educational Materials
- Instruction by Renowned Cruising Experts
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Evening Social Activities
- Admission to all days of Bay Bridge Boat Show & Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show
- Complimentary One Year Basic Boat U.S. Membership – $30 Value
2020 Spring Tuition Packages
Four-Day Master Cruiser Series $800
This is an intensive four-day Master Cruiser Series, students may select one intensive study Master Class plus two additional days of up to eight individual electives.
- Diesel Maintenance – A hands-on class taught by Jim Zima of Great Lakes Diesel, using many cutaway models and working Yanmar Engine provides skills in learning how to maintain diesel engines.
- Marine Weather Forecasting – This class taught by Mark Thornton from LakeErieWx, will provide you with the understanding of all things weather and the skills to find and use a weather forecast for your cruising grounds.
- Marine Electrical Systems– This class is taught by Nigel Calder, will provide the students with a working knowledge of Marine Electrical Systems and how to troubleshoot electrical problems and to begin the repair process on your own boat!
Cruising Preparedness Series
The Cruising Preparedness Series can be attended in one, two, three, or four day customized packages. Each day you can choose to attend three to four individual classes or you may opt for an all day course if one is available.
Four Day Package – $750
Three Day Package – $625
Two Day Package – $490
One Day Package – $325
Click here to register for one of our Cruising Preparedness Series!
Full Day Courses
Individual Classes – 90 – 180 minutes each and so many to choose from!
Classes will be held at The Historic Inns of Annapolis – The Governor Calvert House at 58 State Circle, Annapolis, MD
- Refunds are acceptable up to 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- Inside 30 days of the event, only credit towards future Cruisers University sessions will be given.
- No refund or credit for cancellation within 10 days of the start of the event.
- Credits are good for up to 365 days.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 517-9979