Find the Sailboat of Your Dreams
This is an opportunity for couples to try the boats of their choice, compare one against the other, and narrow the search for your new boat.
Take the Wheel is an on-and-off the water learning experience designed to fast track your boating knowledge and narrow your boat search. The morning seminar sessions cover sailboat options and how to maximize your boating pleasure and budget. During the afternoon, on-the-water part of the program, you’ll sail aboard mono and multihulls and have a chance to get a stem to stern look with wind in the sails. Experts will be on hand to answer your specific questions.
Find your best boat for your personal sailing needs. Demo various sizes and styles of sailboats. Choose from four monohulls and four catamarans.
Author and around the world sailor Ralph Naranjo presents the morning seminar session including an interactive overview of sailboat design and operation and insights into ownership. Using material from his new book, The Art of Seamanship, Mr. Naranjo will help you find the best boat for your specific sailing plans.
Regardless of whether you plan to focus on day sails around the bay, cruising close to home, or you have a dream of someday sailing off into the sunset—Take the Wheel is a worthy launch site.
- Morning instruction by renowned expert and author Ralph Naranjo
- Afternoon on-the-water sailing experience
- Opportunity to sea trial catamarans and monohulls
- Educational and printed materials
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Wine tasting reception sponsored by Nobilo Wines
- Choice of dates: October 7th, 8th, and 9th
- Admission to the United States Sailboat Show for Take the Wheel plus an additional day's admission